Thursday, April 13, 2017

The Final Week of the Final Frontier

Welcome to the last week of the rest of your lives!!!


Well, the last week of my project that is. I know week after week you all have been waking up every day and longing to read each new installment of this ten part series that is my blog. Not every week was as exciting to read about as some of the more action packed weeks, but I have tried to make each post interesting and fun to read. I have honestly really enjoyed writing them and dramatizing everything that I do. No one wants to read about some guy putting some data into a computer. The people want to read about a young man finding himself by endlessly punching in names after names after names and prescriptions after prescriptions after prescriptions into a small, square laptop that takes FOREVER to load (I mean seriously its 2017 get faster wi-fi) while simultaneously considering the fact that this really should be illegal or be breaking some existing laws like I am looking at a lot of medical information right now.

Anyways, this week in the office consisted of exactly what I did last week which included printing off the results from the five standard tests that are used to check for diabetes. Soo not really anything new happened. I got tighter with Sarah and shes a pretty cool person. Maybe if my project was longer then we could have been as tight as the OG power duo: Carol and I. Alas, I think it is time to move on. I had a lot of great experiences at this doctor's office and it has definitely helped me have a clearer image of what I want my career to look like. I have decided that I don't really want to be a doctor but do something in the field of medicine. I don't know exactly what that is but I am hoping to find out in college (right now I am planning on doing biomedical engineering but we will see).

Outside of the office this week, I finished the rough draft of my power point! The senior project is coming to a close and fast. I can feel it and it feels great. I think my presentation will be pretty good. I mean it will be on a topic that I have been doing research on and participating in for the past ten weeks so I don't think it will be very difficult to talk about. Still not entirely sure exactly what day my final presentation will be on. It's gonna be sometime in May. I can tell you that much. I don't think this is the last post that we are supposed to do. I think I make another one after this, but I could be wrong. Anyways, I had a good last week. I said goodbye to Sarah and Heather and everyone that I have grown to know and love at the office. I wish peace to the world and to everyone reading this post for my last week! Bye bye SRP!



10 comments:

  1. I have really enjoyed your blog and have consistently been waking up at the same time reading all of your exciting adventures just like you said! Good luck on your presentation and college! Also I believe your presentation is May 6th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jack. It was fun reading your blog posts week after week (mostly due to the gifs you put in) and it's good that this research project helped you learn what you want to do after college. Good luck on your final presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, woohoo! Your posts have been super fun to read and I'm so happy you learned that something for your career through this experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jack! Your blog has been consistently entertaining and I have enjoyed reading it. I'm happy that this project has helped you discover what you don't want to/ want to do. Good luck on your presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jack! Congrats, you're done with part of the SRP! Good luck on your presentation! I hope saying bye to Sarah and Heather was not as emotionally traumatizing as losing Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jack, how far we've come. You've lost friends, gained allies, poked old peoples' faces, and sat in front of an old laptop for a long time. I'm glad you decided that isn't the life for you; you're much too entertaining to be stuck entering paperwork for the rest of your days. Seriously, comedy might be a worthy pursuit, or at least a job at the Onion or something. Anyways, will you remember this as a good use of time in the long run? Also, do you think you made a lasting impact on the people you assisted throughout these ten weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww.. it's been really great reading about the fun things you do (Aka typing things into a slow computer) and I'm sad it's coming to an end. Thank you for making your blogs so fun to read! Best of luck for the future and your wonderful career<3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi jack! Your project and blog are awesome. It has been amazing to follow you on this journey. I hope for the best for your presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have thoroughly enjoyed your blogs, and your presentation looks great as well. I can't wait to introduce you in a couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Jack! I enjoyed every blog post you had! The gifs were exceptional and you have good taste. Not only was it interesting but the research you found helped you decide what you wanted to be! Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

    ReplyDelete